The year one road map for Call of Duty Vanguard has been shared and includes a wealth of content including the new release, multiplayer modes, Warzone updates, new Zombies mode from Treyarch, and more. There is a ton of content to cover. While we’ve summarized the highlights for you below, we also suggest you using the link to the main Vanguard page as well.
Prepare yourself: From October 28 onwards, Call of Duty begins a huge year to look forward to. Here’s your timeline for the next 35 days:
– October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
– November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
– November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
– November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
– November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
– November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
– December 2: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
– A Fight on All Fronts. End Project Phoenix and relive the heroic moments of Task Force One, a multinational group of heroes including Arthur Kingsley, Polina Petrova, Wade Jackson, Lucas Riggs, Richard Webb, and many others united in the fight against evil.
– Learn the Origins of Special Forces and Essential Mechanics. Campaign should be the first stop for those who are new to Call of Duty, looking to brush up on skills, or be introduced to the game’s universe.
– Test Your Abilities. Choose from Recruit, Regular, Hardened, or Veteran difficulty settings, with both in-game and platform-based rewards granted for your achievements.
– “Der Anfang” Awaits. The Dark Aether story expands in WWII. Battle the otherworldly entity raising the fallen and fight back against an army of the undead in this entirely new Zombies experience from Treyarch.
– Stalingrad and Other Iconic Sights Beyond the Portal. New locales like the undead enclave of Merville, along with the classic swamps of Shi No Numa and more, are just an Aether Portal away. Complete objectives, upgrade your skills via Covenants, and survive the horde before exfiltrating Stalingrad alive… or seeing how long you can last before falling to the undead army.
– A Unique Experience Like No Other. No two matches will be alike due to objective-based gameplay, evolving strategies, and randomized upgrades via the all-new Altar of Covenants. Keep pushing onward to expand your forward operating base and unlock new abilities.
Vanguard’s Multiplayer brings plenty of maps, modes, and other features to master right at launch. Starting on November 5th, Vanguard will include seven core (and hardcore) modes – a collection of Call of Duty’s mainstays plus Patrol, a new contender for competitive fun:
Core and Hardcore Modes:
– Free for All
– Team Deathmatch
– Kill Confirmed
– Search & Destroy
Additional modes, including two newer ones that recently became a competitive standard and a small-team tactical mainstay respectively, should be expected following launch.
Vanguard Multiplayer also brings you another new mode: a multi-arena survival tournament known as Champion Hill, featured in the game’s Alpha and Beta earlier this year.
Invite your Duo, form your Trio, or go solo as you build a Loadout in this fast-paced, limited-life mode. Earn Cash by picking up drops, eliminating enemies, and winning rounds, then spend it on upgrading weaponry or getting new armaments, equipment, Perks, or tide-turning Killstreaks.
Outside of the developer-curated Featured Playlists, Vanguard features a Quick Play system with Combat Pacing, a new filter that gives players more choice in their Multiplayer experience. From the standard Multiplayer experience to chaotic battles on an epic scale, players canchoose from the Combat Pacing options within Quick Play, or set their filter to “All” and experience them at random:
– Tactical: These are the lobbies that franchise veterans know well. This is the experience that you’re used to with familiar Call of Duty combat timing. Tactical Combat Pacing always has a 12-player maximum in matches for traditional 6v6 play.
– Assault: Balanced combat pacing that gives you enough room to breathe and a lot of targets to kill. A middle ground between Tactical and Blitz featuring matches with 14 to 36 players (7v7 to 18v18) depending on the size of the map.
– Blitz: High-action lobbies where the intensity is cranked up to frenetic levels. Prepare for plenty of combat when choosing to join a Blitz, as matches here range from 16 to 48 players (8v8 to 24v24) depending on the size of the map.
Quick Play also has a selection of modes in Hardcore, a variant of regular Multiplayer where base health is drastically reduced, healing is limited to Stim equipment, and the HUD is minimal. Meant for those who want a more realistic FPS experience, or who like to win fights based on who lands the first shot, Hardcore will test your Call of Duty skill set in its rawest form.
Need to practice before you dive into public matches? Want to create your own game modes with friends? Head into Private Match, where you can fine-tune dozens of options for existing modes, test out all Loadout items and attachments available at launch, and play against computer-controlled enemies or your friends.
– The Warzone Pacific Era Begins. Caldera’s only true comparison to Verdansk is its scale. This brand-new map, built on learnings from the community, is launching with Season One.
– RICOCHET Anti-Cheat Driver Launching with Season One. Arriving with the new map, expect RICOCHET Anti-Cheat to help keep you focused on the fun.
Lush forests and rocky crags. White sand beaches and mysterious ruins. And a dormant volcano that towers over the 200-plus points of interest.
Warzone will change its title to Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific, or “Warzone Pacific.” The new Pacific formally launches as part of Vanguard’s first season of content. A map roughly the size of Verdansk, which it will replace as part of the update, this new map is based on two years of research and listening to the community. Built on the same tech and engine as Call of Duty: Vanguard, this map is visually appealing as it is ready to support this new game’s armaments, and will support fully optimized cross-play, cross-progression, and cross-gen support.
– Dogfighting, New Vanguard Content, Shine in Dedicated Playlist. Available to all players, take to the skies or maneuver AA guns to breakup epic aerial battles in Vanguard Royale, featuring a streamlined loadout and weapon pool.
– Honoring Your Progression. The integration adds Vanguard content – expect all your Operators, Calling Cards, and more from Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare® to stay in Warzone, as well as cross-progression and Seasonal Prestige.
– 24-Hour Exclusive Access to Caldera for Vanguard Players. Play the new Pacific map a day early by owning Call of Duty: Vanguard. Rebirth Island will remain live during this time for all other players.
Caldera is just the beginning of Vanguard’s full integration into Warzone, and there’s no better place to experience all this fresh content than in the dedicated Vanguard modes for Warzone Pacific.