The Nintendo Switch has been a phenomenon for Nintendo and with the global pandemic, that success has only increased further.
Nintendo reported their fiscal results early this morning and they demonstrate just how well the Switch is performing. Note, these figures run up through September 30, 2020.
- The Switch sold 6.85 million units in the quarter (up from 5.68 in the first quarter) and now sits at 68.3 million shipped in its lifetime.
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars sold over 5 million units in just two weeks.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons has surpassed 26 million units in just over six weeks.
- Three Switch titles have now sold more than 20 million units
- Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (28.9 million)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons (26 million)
- Super Smash Brothers Ultimate (21.1 million)
It’s been an incredible year for all of the big three in Nintendo, Xbox, and PlayStation, but Nintendo just continues to surpass expectations. Given the success and revenue, we’re very interested to see how they continue the Switch going forward. Hopefully we do in-fact see the rumored “Switch Pro” in 2021.