The xCloud beta has been a resounding success for users to date, but there’s been one question that has consistently been raised which is: “When can we try this on IOS devices?”
Well good news everyone! The answer seems to be now…for some. Major Nelson announced today that xCloud will begin to rollout to a select group of users for a preliminary test starting today. Here are the details:
To comply with App Store policies, the preview experience on iOS may look and feel different for those who have been testing on Android. Key differences and things to know:
- The iOS TestFlight preview is only available in the US, UK, and Canada at this time.
- Unlike the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app on Android, this iOS TestFlight preview is for Project xCloud only and does not include Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) at this time.
- Due to App Store policy, the iOS TestFlight preview will begin with one game, “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.”
- As is standard with iOS TestFlight builds, we’re starting with a very limited preview audience. Up to 10,000 testers will be invited into the preview, but we anticipate that demand will exceed our capacity and we will be unable to accommodate all applicants. We’ll distribute invitations to participate on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Because of how iOS TestFlight works, those who are accepted into the iOS TestFlight preview may not necessarily participate for the full duration of the preview. As noted earlier, there are limited spaces available, so for testing purposes we may need to cycle through registrants in order to best utilize the available testing audience. This also means that even if you miss out on the initial allocation, you might receive an invitation to participate later in the preview!
For the full details, please check out Major Nelson’s blog here : xCloud rolls out to IOS users.
We’ve been waiting for this as we’re sure many others have as well! It’s great to see the service rolling to more users and devices and bodes well for a broader launch later this year. Jump in!