The next update for Gears of War 4 is here bringing two additional maps, new achievements, matchmaking improvements, and more. The highlights are as follows:
- Mercy, the popular map from Gears of War 3, returns with a winter makeover.
- Harbor, a launch map, returns with a foggy makeover.
- 500gs worth of new achievements focused primarily on new players (thus long term players may earn achievements simply by signing in).
- Matchmaking updates focusing on QOS rather than region locking and adjustments to the skill ranking system.
- New Gear packs coming later in the month that include the Locust Sniper.
You can read all the details, and what the future holds for Gears of War 4, via the official post here: Gears of War 4 September Update
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, we love what The Coalition has done, and continues to do, with Gears of War 4. We hope they continue to add and refine well into 2018 and the eventual Gears of War 5.